It’s not even Halloween night but the horror has already begun to unfold in Manhattan, New York this afternoon, leaving multiple people dead so far and at least 30 injured just a few blocks from the World Trade Center. One person is now in custody and information is starting to look like a potential terror attack.
Witnesses are revealing that they saw and it’s getting worse by the second as eyewitness accounts continue to come out.
New York Daily News reports:
A number of people were shot near Stuyvesant High School Tuesday afternoon, police said, and one person was taken into custody.
Police were investigating reports of up to four people shot dead.
Witness Frank Brito, 45, told the Daily News he saw two trucks crash into each other and then a heavy set man get out of one in a blue tracksuit and chase someone, firing five or six times.
Reports of an active shooter came in about 3 p.m.
“Oh my god I just heard gun shots and ran with my dog,” pop singer Josh Groban tweeted. “Downtown. F—.”
“I work on chambers street,” el_dorado91 tweeted. “Shots came from Chambers and West Street. Someone who was eyewitness said cab driver fired shots.”
— New York City Alerts (@NYCityAlerts) October 31, 2017
The Daily Mail explains more as witnesses express the horror they saw on Twitter:
At least one officer has been shot and is expected to make a recovery. The details of other injuries are not known.
Singer Josh Groban also tweeted after hearing ‘gun shots‘ while out walking his dog. “Oh my god I just heard gun shots and ran with my dog. Downtown. F***,” he said.
Simultaneous reports of the same incident suggested that a truck drove into the bicycle lane and mowed down cyclists and pedestrians.
— Based Monitored 🇺🇸 (@BasedMonitored) October 31, 2017
— AlterAtYeshiva (@alteratyeshiva) October 31, 2017
Initial reports say the deadly driver was a Muslim cab driver although that has yet to be confirmed. For now, one person is in custody after what appears to be a deliberate attack. The motive has yet to be known and we will continue to update on this attack as more information unfolds.
This is now the second deliberate attack today on a crowd of people, which can’t be ironic given the Halloween holiday. The first took place last night when gunmen opened fire in a London nightclub.
Halloween poses a particularly terrifying threat for attack as it’s easy for assailants to disguise themselves and get away with mass murder in a crowd. That’s what a group of shooters just did overnight, dressed in clown and ghost masks, when armed with machine guns they went into a packed club in London, England where a rave was underway. Horrifying footage caught what happened next when they opened fire on everyone inside and showered the crowd with bullets. Then something really strange happened.
Express in the U.K. reports:
Gunmen dressed in Halloween masks opened fire on revelers at an illegal rave in London last night. Horrifying footage shows vile thugs dressed in clowns and ghost masks using automatic weapons to unleash a shower of bullets on clubbers leaving a man and woman seriously injured.
The video also shows the shock moment a man returns fire with a handgun. A 41-year-old man was shot in the leg, and a woman in her twenties in the chest, at the Money Move party in Leyton, East London, during the fracas. Police have confirmed the man is in a stable condition, and the female victim did not suffer life-threading injuries.
It’s strange but incredible that with that many people in close contact that everyone was relatively spared inside, save for the two that were injured – but not a single death. Even the injuries were not as detrimental as they could have been but that doesn’t make the attack any less frightening. The report explains more as well as some alarming discoveries of the incident.
A nearby business owner told the Sun: “It looked like it was a gangland execution gone wrong”. One clubber said they saw “at least four guns” being used during the horror attack. They said around 100 people trapped inside as the gunmen had blocked off the road with a car, stopping party goers from fleeing.
Video of the aftermath of the attack shows a woman using a belt as a tourniquet on a wounded man.
Despite the fact that this similar attack didn’t take place on our soil, there’s no stopping it from occurring here. It’s probably not “if” it will happen here, but “when.” The FBI concealing crucial information on this and refusing to speak on the massacre moving forward dismantles citizens’ faith in the system and that we’re protected. One has to wonder what they are hiding and why and it’s a pretty concerning thing that copycat attacks are already taking place and this London one was probably just a trial one for what’s coming to America.